Monday, May 7, 2012

Just taking a look back at the past 30 days


As the title says, I thought I would take a quick look back at stories that have generated the most number of page views.   

Several have a number of comments, and if you have an opinion one way or the other, it’s never too late to have a say and add your opinion.

In at number five:

If you go to the BC Liberal Party you’ll find a section entitled “What We Believe” … the BC Conservative Party website also has a page that gives an overview on what the party stands for, it is entitled “What We Stand For”.

Some in the media and public believe that the BC Conservative Party has viewpoints that would be opposed by the majority of British Columbians, and has no clearly defined plans and ideas.  Given that, I thought that I would do a side by side comparison.

In at number four:

Based in Victoria, Tom Fletcher is the legislative reporter, and columnist, for newspapers published across the province by Black Press. Yesterday (May 2, 2012) he wrote a story, “BC Liberals try election gag law again”, which I posted on my Facebook page.  The story, which follows, was posted by me without comment as information for others

The third most read article was:

Last night I was going through a box of campaign material from the 1996 provincial election in BC.  For those not aware, I ran as a candidate for the BC Reform Party in the riding of Kamloops North Thompson.

While going through the box, I came upon opening remarks I made at an All-Candidates Forum that had been held in Barriere, a small rural community about half an hour north of Kamloops, in the North Thompson.   

In at number two was:

The BC government today announced that Deputy Attorney General David Loukidelis will be leaving the government.  Loukidelis became the Deputy AG in January 2010 following a position as the Commissioner of the Freedom of Information Office.  A brief story in the Vancouver Sun this afternoon noted: The announcement was made in an internal note sent Friday by John Dyble, deputy minister to Premier Christy Clark.

And here is the story that has generated the most page views during the past month:
The other day I was talking with a media friend, and had mentioned I was thinking of taking a look at how BC's debt has climbed over the years.  Well I did indeed do that, and now I am sorry I did.





I appreciate those of you who take the time to read these thoughts – no matter what your political beliefs or background.  In fact, “Thank You” for doing so!

Tomorrows post … “Can the word ‘Progressive’ be used in context with being a conservative?” … has been written; I hope you’ll drop by and have a look once it goes online in the morning.

Take care my friends!

No comments: