Thursday, December 20, 2012

PETER SHARP; I am not running to become the candidate for the BC Conservative Party in Kamloops South Thompson for a lark -- I am running because I believe I can win."



Former Kamloops City Councilor Peter Sharp; now
seeking BC Conservative nomination in Kamloops South

Today we have another guest piece ... this time from Peter Sharp, who is seeking the BC Conservative party nomination for Kamloops South Thompson.

In BC's  39th provincial general election, three and a half years ago, a shockingly large number of registered voters decided not to go to the polls. 

Right here in the Kamloops South Thompson riding there were 40,200 registered voters -- however only 23,400 actually did cast a ballot.   

And across the province?  Well in 2005 the BC Liberals received 807,000 votes ... that fell to 750,000 in the last election held in 2009.  A similar pattern shows for the NDP who received 730,000 in 2005 ... but only 690,000 in 2009.   

Voter apathy continues to grow, and I can see only one reason for that; a increasing belief that government no longer responds to the real needs of its citizens, and that elected officials are only out for themselves.  

Over the past 20 years, British Columbian's have witnessed both NDP and BC Liberal governments mismanaging our finances.  

We need a change!  We need commons sense, integrity and accountability in government.


I support party Leader John Cummins, and  the common sense, people oriented, ideals of the BC Conservative Party.  I also believe that we can once again make our province a place where individuals, and families, can grow and prosper.


In 2009, the BC Liberal candidate for Kamloops South Thompson, received 11,800 votes -- the NDP candidate received 7,600; that totals 19,400 votes.  Again remember there were actually 40 thousand people who were registered and could have voted.

Many of the people hearing the message of the BC Conservatives will find it resonates in them.  If it does and they go to the ballot box next May, we can turn around voter apathy.  We can begin to rebuild accountability, and integrity, in our provincial government.

I am not running to become the candidate for the BC Conservative Party in Kamloops South Thompson for a lark -- I am running because I believe I can win.

The NDP and Liberal candidates don't own any of the votes available ... and I plan to go out and earn the support of every last resident of the Kamloops South Thompson riding I can.

And I'll do it starting with yours!

Again, those words are from Kamloops South Thompson nominee candidate Peter Sharp, who is indeed a BC Conservative.  Now, once again, the floor is open to you.

No comments: