Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Forseth endorses Brooks for Leader, joins team as Campaign Manager

It's official ... and I am announcing the following today:
 
 
KAMLOOPS:  Dan Brooks, candidate for the leadership of the BC Conservatives, today announced that Al Forseth, a long-time party member, regional director and former constituency-association president, has endorsed him as the best choice for Leader.

Brooks also announced that Forseth has accepted an appointment as Campaign Manager of his leadership team.

“I am absolutely thrilled to have Al Forseth endorse my candidacy and join my campaign team as manager,” said Brooks.

“Al’s passion and dedication are legendary throughout our party and across the province, and his decision to manage my leadership campaign sends a strong signal of our unwavering commitment to building the BC Conservative Party into a vital force that will be reckoned with well into the future.”

Forseth said that Brooks shares his belief that British Columbians deserve a better political option than they have faced in recent years – a choice between the lesser of two evils: the New Democrats or the BC Liberals.

“The BC Conservatives – indeed, British Columbians across our great province – desperately need a Leader with a vision of how to create prosperity through well-paying jobs, a place where businesses can thrive and where we have a solid foundation for health-care, education and more,” said Forseth.

“I am inspired that Dan Brooks has a vision and a plan for our party – one where party members will be fully engaged and asked for their full input.

“I believe that Dan has the drive, passion and openness to listen, which will get us back on a path to gain the support of British Columbians and to governing British Columbia.”

Brooks concluded by saying that he will make additional, important announcements in the days leading up to the BC Conservatives annual general meeting, to be held in Vernon on October 19.


With this announcement, I will no longer be be considered neutral in commenting on the BC Conservative Party leadership campaign.  That said, I WILL however continue to make comment on social media, and on this blog, on things I beleive are important to our party -- and that includes information on Rick Peterson's campaign, and the vision and direction he also has for the party.

I fact, in conversation with Dan regarding my endorsement, and taking on the role of Campaign Manager, I indicated that it would be a deal-breaker if this was not acceptable.

To quote Dan ... "I wouldn't have it any other way."

I'm Alan Forseth in Kamloops, with the thoughts of one conservative.

No comments: